We know how difficult it can be to give your pets’ a pill or a supplement. These nutritious and healthy homemade pill pockets (that double up as dog treats) are super easy and inexpensive. You can control exactly what goes into each pill pocket and also tweak the recipe to suit your dog’s personal tastes. With vet approved ingredients including beef gelatine for joints, and coconut oil for skin and coat, rest assured you are rewarding your beloved pets with the very best!
Be prepared to have an audience when you make these pill pockets – let’s get started!
Ingredients for Dog Treat Recipe:
10 grams organic cold-pressed extra virgin coconut oil
20 grams beef or fish gelatine
50 grams hot water or broth
40 grams organic coconut flour
1) Dissolve gelatine in hot water or broth.
2) Combine the ingredients together until you form a dough.
3) Form the dough into small bite-sized balls.
4) Use the end of a chopstick to make a small indent in the middle.
5) When you’re ready to give your dog her medicine or supplement, insert the pill into the indent and squeeze dough to cover.
Your homemade Pill Pocket Dog Treats can be kept in an airtight container in the refrigerator for about a week or can be frozen for up to three months—just be sure to thaw them out before giving to your pet.
Follow us on Facebook and Instagram for more dog-infused happiness (tips, advice, recipes, photos, giveaways…)
Did you enjoy this article? Spread the word